Wednesday, November 28, 2012

More DIY Decor

So I have been back at it making more decor for the master bedroom.  I saw this idea via Pinterest a long time ago, but finally got around to finishing this project.  What I like about Shanty 2 Chic is everything is laid out for you step by step.  And you know me, I need a road map!

Literally, I probably purchased these materials 6 months ago!  I know, I know!  You are probably thinking, what in the hell have you been doing?!?!  I purchased my materials at Home Depot and Lowe's.  I went to Home Depot first because there is one only 5 minutes from the house; however, they did not have everything I needed.  I was able to get my 2 pieces of wood, which Home Depot cut for me.  This was a plus for me since I do not own any sort of saw.

Then problem # 1 arose.  I had to buy a 12" threaded rod, but it needed to be cut into 3" pieces.  Did I buy a hacksaw like the instructions said to for only $7?  Of course not!  After a few months, okay, maybe like 4 months, I finally brought the threaded rod to work for my co-worker's friend to cut for me.  Bingo, threaded rod cut!

In the meantime, I purchased 2 bottles of wine from Trader Joe's for only $2.99.  Not only was it cheap, but it was good too!  I thought I was going to use some Goo Off to get the labels off, but that did not work well at all.  So I started searching for ways to get labels off of glass and everywhere I read said to put the bottles in hot, soapy water and use a toothbrush to scrub off the labels.  Cha ching!  Worked like a charm!  No label, no glue!

Now that I had everything I needed, ready to go, it was time to start putting it all together.  Then, problem # 2 arose, no drill.  Man, I really need some tools!!  Finally, after a couple of weeks, I took one from mom's shop because I actually remembered that I needed it.  Don't tell me to remember something because I won't.  I must have my mom's memory!  She says it gets better with age!

  So after 6 months of piecing this project together, here are some pictures of my final results. 




Now we just need some curtains and we will be set.  I have really enjoyed decorating our master bedroom with DIY projects.  Slowly, but surely, it is coming together!  

No comments:

Post a Comment