Friday, September 13, 2013

Stair Makeover Update

It's Friday!! Thank goodness!! So many things have been going on lately, good and not so good, but it's life and things happen for a reason so you just got to keep on going.

I have a few blog posts coming up - Hope's baby shower and a Labor Day weekend trip to Grandma and Grandpa's house in Florida, but I just have to find some time to get to it.

For now, I thought I would share that we have finally picked out a color for our stair makeover!!

I had a pine stair tread that I bought thinking we were going to stain them and then I had another vision.  I bought 2 paint samples from Home Depot and went home and painted the tread half and half.

Warning - bad iPhone photos ahead!!


After searching the blog world and Pinterest, we found a cheaper solution so dad thought it would be a good idea to paint that kind of tread to make sure the paint went on smooth and blah, blah, blah.  Of course, we took his advice.  This time when I went to Lowe's to buy the tread, I had them cut it to length so we could walk past it a few days to make sure this was the look we were going for.


We really like this look and Cody walks by everyday talking about how good it's going to look so that makes me even more excited.

Now it's time for me to order the supplies!! I swear this project will get done before this year is over!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment