Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Peanut Boil

Yeah, you are probably thinking exactly what I was thinking or at least I hope so.  What in the hell is a peanut boil?  I have heard of a low country boil, but never a peanut boil.
 
Tabatha, Cody's older sister, called me Saturday afternoon and invited me to this peanut boil with her, Landon (Tabatha's son) and Landon's friend.  Heck why not?!?!  It was at her co-worker's granny's house.  The weather could not have been more perfect and the location was great!  Out in the country in Dawsonville and her yard was perfect for this gathering!
 
Food, lots of food, drinks, dessert, gospel music and of course boiled peanuts!!
 
Katrina told us that when it first started, only 30 people attended and in 2012, nearly 500 people attended.  This year, I would say there was roughly 200 people that showed up. 
 
The boiled peanuts were perfect!!  Not too salty - just right!!
 



I think there were 6 or 7 of these going with boiled peanuts!


Perfect stage for the gospel groups to sing!


Tables were filling up with food!
 



I couldn't get Landon to look at me.  Just like his uncle Cody!

 
We really enjoyed ourselves and cannot wait to go again next year!!
 


2 comments:

  1. OMG I can't even tell you the amount of jealousy I have for this right now!! I wanna go next year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will keep you in the loop. She said we can bring friends next year!! I told Cody's sister that she better not make her co-worker mad so we are invited back! :)

      Delete