Sunday, September 30, 2012

Fall / Halloween Decorating

I don't know about you, but I love this time of the year!  The weather is absolutely beautiful here in North Georgia.  We have actually had our A/C off for over a week now with our windows open.  The breeze feels great in the evenings coming through our windows and the fresh air throughout the house just makes you feel good. 

I have been in the fall decorating mood for a couple of weeks now, but have been pushing it back thinking it was a little too early.  So now that autumn has officially begun back on September 22nd, it is safe to say that decorating is running through my veins.  

I finally got all the decorating done today so now I get to enjoy it and I know Cody does too, he just might not admit it.







There's not a weekend that goes by that Cody is not watching Nascar.


I grabbed some acorns out of the yard.  If you do this, make sure you bake them.  It kills the bugs.  Thank goodness I was telling mom what I had in mind because I had no idea.  The acorns were free and the other vase was super cheap to fill.  The peas and beans were around $1 and the popcorn I think $1.50.  The most expensive things were the candles at $3 so these are definitely some inexpensive ways to spruce up your mantle depending on the season.


 I found the white pumpkin at Michael's and used vinyl as my template for the B and painted it on.  The polka dots are just vinyl.

 


I found these frames at Ikea and spray painted them, added scrap book paper and added the vinyl in a Halloween font.


So awhile back, mom made me buy this glass jar just because it was $0.25.  I had no idea what I was going to do with it at the time, but it is perfect for this display!


The above pieces came from mom and dad's house a few years ago.  I bought some spray paint to touch them up and now they are like new again.


 This is what we get to look at when we come upstairs every day!  I hate clutter so a little goes a long way. 

Now that I have got this taken care of, I will get to enjoy all the festivals that are coming up in October.  It's going to be busy month!

1 comment: