Tuesday, September 25, 2012

New Art for the Bedroom

This past weekend I did a little antique and thrift store shopping in Jasper.  There may not be a whole lot of stuff to do around Jasper, but there are plenty of antique and thrift stores to keep you busy for an afternoon.  I didn't really have a plan or anything in mind that I was looking for, but you really can't when doing this kind of shopping because you never know what you are going to come across.  

I actually started my hunt Friday night after work.  A new thrift store just opened up so I had to check it out.  I came across an 8 x 10 frame for only $2.99.  You can never have enough picture frames and spray paint works like magic.  By the time Saturday afternoon rolled around, I had found a few good items and had the perfect project in mind.

Sunday morning Cody and I ran into Canton so we stopped by Michael's for one quick second to pick up some scrap book paper for my project.  It had to be record timing for me in Michael's.  I went straight down the aisle I needed and there it was, the perfect sheet of scrap book paper for my project.  That never happens!

So here are my supplies.  I didn't take a picture of the frame or keys before spray painting them.


Oh and those keys, $2.95 for both of them.  There was only a price tag on one of the keys so the lady was like, I guess that's what she gets for not making sure the price stickers are on good.  Jack pot, works for me!  And the scrap book paper, $0.21.

Right now, we have no decorations in the master bedroom.  It's really been a last priority on my list.  Most visitors are going to see your kitchen, dining room, living room and guest bathroom so those have been my main focus the last 3 years.  However, right before Cody moved in, my dad and I (okay, well mostly my dad), painted the master bedroom and I had bought a new comforter set for the bed.  New paint, new comforter, no decorations = awesome!

So here is our first piece of art that I made from my thrift store shopping finds.  I couldn't be more pleased with the way it turned out.  
 
 



I actually glued the keys to the glass with E-6000.  That has to be the best glue ever.  It works on anything.  Then the lettering is brown vinyl.  I just love cheap DIY projects! 

1 comment:

  1. Love your new artwork! That's a start to decorating ur room...it's an inspirational piece to work around!

    ReplyDelete