Sunday, September 2, 2012

What I Love About Sundays

I have a love, hate relationship with Sundays.  It's the last day you have of freedom before you have to go to work on Monday.  However, it's the best rest day of the week.  While I am laying around watching Lifetime movies, Cody is watching Nascar or something on Sports Center.  It's the day to lay around and do nothing and not worry about a thing. 

I can remember growing up, Sunday was the day that you had that great meal for dinner.  One of those dinners that took all day cook, but was so worth it.  Today is one of those days for us.  With fall is just around the corner, homemade vegetable soup has been on my mind.  Even though it is still a little hot outside, I couldn't wait any longer to make this.

And this is how it all started...



Only a few more hours of this simmering and we will be able to enjoy our homemade vegetable soup.  Let's just see if I can keep Cody out of the kitchen.  It's going to be real hard because it is making our entire house smell delicious!


  
I made a big enough pot that this should last us through most of the winter.  We will be able to have it for a couple of days and then freeze it so we will be able to get several meals out of it.  While it may take all day to get this cooked, it is so worth it in the end.  
 
With Labor Day tomorrow, one more day of rest.  We are so thankful for our 3 day weekend.  I hope you have enjoyed your Labor Day weekend like we have.  

No comments:

Post a Comment