Friday, August 24, 2012

Time for Some Organization

Buying a house can be very stressful, from looking at a million houses (at least that is what it felt like) to putting in offers to the rejections and so on and so on until you finally find the one.  Then what?  You buy a house, but then you need everything else to go inside or at least I did.  It seems like every house you go to, whether it's family or friends, everyone has some sort of canister set on their kitchen counters.  So I was just like every other person out there.  I wanted a cute, modern, inexpensive canister set to store flour and sugar that would be easily accessible.  I had found exactly what I wanted.

Three years later, it was time for a change.  I don't know about you, but while they look great on the counters, they are not very functional.  At least, they weren't for me.  I could never get my measuring cups in them so I would have to tip them up and then pour the flour or sugar into the measuring cups, which would most of the time result in a disaster.  Flour everywhere, go figure!

  So I decided on these.


I had bought 4 from Wal-Mart and for only $0.96 per container, I had hit the jackpot.  Since I have been making bread and baking, I had 3 different kinds of flour.  I knew I had to label them some how to make sure I was always using the right kind of flour I need at that time.  With the handy dandy Cricut and some vinyl, I created these.


  
I wasn't concerned about the letters being straight or centered.  This is just for me and no one is going to be seeing them.  Now I have more counter space and my flour and sugar is all organized.


 
It is also so much easier to get my measuring cups in and out of without making any kind of mess.  I can measure exactly what I need perfectly each time, which definitely makes a difference when making bread.

A little bit of cheap organization can make your life so much easier sometimes!

2 comments:

  1. Guess you got a new cricut? Awesome!
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, not yet. I just used a cartridge for the letters. Sending it back tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete