Thursday, August 16, 2012

A Clean Machine

I have found so many great things on Pinterest and I thought it was time I actually did something that I pinned - clean my top load washing machine.  When I first started seeing these tips on how to clean your washing machine, I was wondering why on earth would you need to clean your washing machine.  It cleans your clothes so it should be clean, right?

  Then I started looking and realized I was completely wrong.  It was so dirty, I couldn't believe it.  However, Cody is a mechanic and he doesn't come home in clean clothes so I should have known better.  And I enjoy working out in the yard, and in this 100 degree Georgia weather, you ain't coming inside smelling like roses.

Then I started thinking that when I purchased my house, the previous owners were kind enough to include the washer and dryer with the purchase.  For me, that was huge.  One last thing that I didn't have to worry about purchasing.  Even though the house was only 2 years old, it didn't look like they were only 2 years old.  Still not complaining, they work and do what I need them to do.  Knock on wood!  Do I think they washed their washing machine when they had it?  Probably not so this definitely got me a little more motivated to start this cleaning process.   

So I decided I would try Jillee's steps over at One Good Thing.

Here's what my washing machine looked like at first.



Here's what my washing machine looked like when it was all done. 

 
Pretty clean, huh?  Don't think that the bleach and vinegar do all the work.  During the vinegar cycle, I did have to wipe all that nasty grim off, but it wasn't difficult.  Now I have a clean machine.  Let's just see how long it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment