Sunday, August 5, 2012

Bread Making Time

So a while back, a friend from work brought in some homemade cinnamon swirl bread.  Let me tell you, that bread was awesome.  Toast it up with some butter = delicious.  So of course, it got me in the mood to start making my own bread, but did I really want to take the time kneading and waiting and waiting and waiting?  Of course not, which is why I think I don't really like to bake.  Too much time and so many other things to do.

I had remembered my grandma giving me a bread machine, but it was all I could do to find it.  From moving out of my parent's house and Cody moving out of his house, it was no where to be found.  From the look of it, bread making was not in my future unless I was going to be able to take the easy way out.  Time to start saving for a bread machine.  

Well, who of all people came to my rescue - Cody's nanny.  I am thinking to myself, why in the world does she have a bread machine?  She makes everything from scratch with a little of that and a dash of that.  Good luck learning a recipe from her, especially knowing that it is never going to taste as good.  So I was on my way home with this beauty.


Oh and by the way, it was still in the box wrapped in plastic, brand new.

My first bread was just a basic cinnamon bread, which was very good, but then I started thinking.  Why are we buying white bread for sandwiches?  We can make our own sandwich bread that will taste just as good if not better, probably a little more healthier, plus save us some money.  If anyone knows me, knows that I am all about saving the money or trying to at least, especially with grocery prices on the rise.

Here is my latest creation.

 
     Cody could barely wait for it to cool down before making a sandwich.  So this week, if it's not leftovers for lunch, we will be having us some very good sandwiches with our homemade white bread. 

1 comment:

  1. ....or toast and butter this bad boy up and enjoy!!!!! ...or French Toast....YUM!!!!

    DC

    ReplyDelete