Friday, August 10, 2012

One of Those Days

I'll just start off by saying, yesterday was one of those days.  I'm sure you know, where it seems like nothing is going to go your way.  It started from my morning drive to work.

Living in Jasper and working in Marietta, I have to take Hwy 575 to work, roughly 40 miles.  Like any other day (except when all schools are back in), I have been leaving around 7:00 and making it work in at least 45 minutes.  No problems at all.  Until yesterday morning!

A wreck on the highway about half way there.  Luckily, there are back roads so when I heard this over the radio, I thought to myself, oh well, no problem, I'll just take the back roads.  Big mistake #1.  Not only was the highway at a standstill, the back roads were too!

Knowing that I was going to be late, I sent a text message to my boss letting her know.  No big problem.  My normal 45 minute took me 1 hour and 30 minutes and I was late.  I hate being late!  It messes your whole morning routine up.

Finally, time to work.  We are currently interviewing people to work in our accounting department, which I get to be a part of.  Pretty cool, huh?  I have never been on this side of things so this is all completely new to me and a learning experience for sure.  Well, this did not go as expected either.  The CFO called a meeting with our accounting group 2 times to discuss what had happened with the interviewee and her thoughts, as well as her expectations of the interviewing process.  Needless to say, we received a F on this task.

By this time, it is time to go home.  I had laid out steaks for dinner before work so I was looking forward to going home and cooking a nice meal for Cody and I.  Oh no, of course not, the day could not get any better could it?  Honestly, I was starting to think it was a Monday.

This is how my day ended.


At the busiest intersection near work at a red light, my car just stalls.  I put it in neutral and try to restart it, but nothing.  Cars are honking, it's 5:00 and they just want to get home, but guess what, so do I.  I keep trying, but nothing.  Finally, a car of Hispanics offer to push my car out of the middle of the road off to the side so no one can hit me.  Thank you, finally cars can stop honking at me.  After about an hour and a half, the tow truck finally arrives.

I must say, I am very thankful for all my family and friends because everyone was so helpful.  Travis, Glenda's husband, just left worked at Woodstock and was nice enough to come and pick me up and have the tow truck follow us to the mechanic shop.  And Sarah let me borrow her car for work today.  Thank goodness it's Friday.  I hope this day turns out better than yesterday, but I am waiting for that dreaded phone call this morning as to what is wrong with my car and how much it's going to cost.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment