Monday, August 20, 2012

Blueberry Yum Yum

A few months ago on my way to feed dogs, I passed Stacy at her nanny's house picking something with Tyler.  So being curious, (what girl ain't), I stopped by to say hey and see what they were up to.  They were picking blueberries.

Stacy had some extra ziploc bags with her so I filled one up for myself.  I ate half the bag on the way home and hid the other half from Cody so I could eat them for breakfast the next morning.  Fresh blueberries = amazing!

She told me anytime I wanted I could call her up to go pick some more.  Heck yeah!

A few weeks later, mom and I had to run some errands for her store one Sunday afternoon and I had told her how good the blueberries were.  So on our way back home, I text Stacy to see if we could come pick some blueberries.  Twenty minutes later, we were there and picking like there was no tomorrow.

Now besides the fact that I just ate my first batch of blueberries straight out of the bag, I really didn't know what I was going to do with them and not really sure what mom's intentions were.  After being there a while, I told mom we had plenty, but oh no!  She said, we are here so are going to pick all we can.  Well guess what, we did and ended up with an entire Wal-Mart grocery bag full of blueberries.


 I had eaten some of them fresh out of the bag, but by the time I got home, I didn't know what I was going to do with them so I decided to freeze them until I had a plan.  Finally, that day has come.  I decided that tonight I would make some homemade blueberry muffins.  

I found the recipe from Our Vintage Home Love.

So I started mixing my dry ingredients and this is what happened.


Really, what the hell?!?!  This is one reason I am not fond of baking.  No matter how hard you try, flour always gets somewhere.  The harder I try to keep it clean, the worse the outcome.

Finally, after 25 - 30 minutes baking in the oven, my final result.

    
Now they need to hurry up and cool down just a little so I can give one a try because I don't think I can wait for breakfast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment